ARE YOU COMPLIANT?
The failure rate of a fire damper that hasn’t been inspected or maintained is very high, don’t risk it.
We implement service agreements to customers’ future budgets dividing fire damper inspections over a period of 5 years (20% per year as per the Australian Standard).
The following procedure is in accordance with AS 1851-2005
- Locate and identify damper
- Check and ensure that the fire damper is in place, open and free of obstruction
- Install duct access panels where necessary for visual inspections
- Check mounting is sound and free of corrosion
- Clean damper free from dirt and lubricate blade pivots
- Release the thermal link to ensure closure and latching ( replace thermal link and release spring if required)
- Provide Certification Report to Client:
- Fire damper inspection report listing the location of every damper
- Damper number corresponding with the clients completed construction drawings
- Whether the damper has passed or failed inspection
- If the damper has failed the inspection a detailed explanation will be provided